3rd Party Logistics (3PL)
For 3PLs…, After dozens of operational designs for 3PLs, Distribution Design has developed a highly effective methodology for meeting the strict time requirements often imposed by potential clients. Distribution Design is highly qualified to assist internal operations designers and/or engineers with the following services:
- Operational analysis
- Defining the operational concept
- Calculating space requirements
- Determining staffing needs
- Preparing a list of needed material handling equipment
- Identifying systems functionality and systems peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.)
- Listing capital costs for all equipment and systems peripherals
- 3PLs can use Distribution Design to: completely define the operation, to lead the 3PL’s internal team, or to provide a Quality Review and second opinion to the internal team’s work.
For companies considering outsourcing…, Distribution Design provides the following services:
- Evaluation of current operation and recommendations for improvement before outsourcing.
- Development of estimated costs to outsource and identification of benefits, risks, and overall feasibility.
- Preparation of Request for Proposal and recommendation of the 3PLs with relevant skills and experiences.
- Assisting with a structured evaluation of 3PL responses and selection of finalists.
- Detailed evaluation of finalists, reference checking, and selection team recommendation.
- Participation in contract discussions and contract review.
- Startup and transition support.
- Post implementation audit.