For the parent firm of two companies, Distribution Design completed an Operational Audit of the companies’ distribution centers. One company is a consumer products company, and the other distributes janitorial and restaurant supplies. In order to reduce costs, the parent firm desired to consolidate the two operations from separate buildings into one facility. Distribution Design provided analytical and design services to achieve the consolidation from a combined 850,000 sq. ft. to 535,000 sq. ft. The design also provided the functional requirements of a new WMS. With the consolidation and the WMS, the parent firm expects to reduce facility and labor costs by seven figures, and achieve payback of capital in less than one year.
- Warehouse Operational Audit / Operational Assessment
- Warehouse Operational Design
- Facility Longevity Analysis
- Warehouse Systems Analysis and Functional Design
- Material Storage and Handling Systems
- Implementation Services