This large pharmaceutical manufacturer had to launch a new product and achieve nationwide distribution in a very short time. The launch required a huge increase in daily volume in addition to its established products. Executive management set an aggressive goal to accomplish the launch with no increase in space or headcount.
Distribution Design worked with the company’s internal project team to define dramatic process improvements, continuous material flow, and huge improvements in space utilization The resulting recommendations allowed the successful launch which nearly tripled volumes, met all date requirements, and only required a very slight increase in labor hours. The company recognized the project as one of the most significant operational improvements ever.
- Warehouse Operational Audit / Operational Assessment
- Facility Longevity Analysis
- Second Opinions
- Warehouse Systems Analysis and Functional Design
- Material Storage and Handling Systems
- 3rd Party Logistics Services (3PL)